Submission Deadline
07 Dec 2022 (Vol 45 , Iss 10 )

Upcoming Publication
30 Nov 2022 (Vol 45 , Iss 09 )

Journal ID : TMJ-10-03-2022-11184
Download [This article belongs to Volume - 45, Issue - 02]
Total View : 436

Title : Instruction Program for patients with Ulcerative colitis about preventive measures for colorectal cancer

Abstract :

Ulcerative colitis, a common disease of the gastrointestinal tract, is primarily a nonspecific chronic inflammatory disease that invades the colonic mucosa. In recent years, the incidence of ulcerative colitis has increased significantly. Evaluate the effectiveness the educational program on patient knowledge. Find out the relationship between the effectiveness of program and patient level of education, duration of disease and adherence of treatment. Quiz-experimental design that was performed on an outpatient basis at the Gastroenterology and Hepatology Teaching Hospital, from March 2021 to September 2021. The non-probability sampling method of 50 patients. Out of 50 patients who participated in present study was, 72% were men, and 28% were women, the highest percentage of patients are young adult with age 28-37 year. In addition to that, 52% % of patients were married and 42% of them are still single. The total mean scores of knowledge was 15.32 ± 2.527 in pretest (53 %), and 19.46 ± 0.838 in posttest (95 %). The study concluded that the patient’s knowledge about preventive measures to avoid colorectal cancer, which are a main complication of ulcerative colitis, was improved after applying the instruction program on patients. The study recommended to establishing a rehabilitation center for gastroenterology problems to improve patients’ knowledge and practices to avoid developed of disease.

Full article
//